Benefits Of Chiropractic As We "Mature"
Unfortunately, our health isn’t one of those things that gets better with age. Dramatic changes seem to occur in our skeletons overnight as part of the aging process. In particular, the spine can experience great changes because of injury, degeneration or illness.
Sometimes people are just unaware of how they can benefit from Chiropractic. Improved spinal function could mean increased mobility, balance and sleep, decreased joint degeneration, endurance, and an improvement with common age related ailments. We see patients that in many cases, as they begin to feel and function better, have increased energy, less dependence on caregivers and less need for the medications previously taken for those conditions.
Just as a car engine with all its moving parts will wear and deteriorate with age, so can our bodies. Unlike a car engine, we can prevent unnecessary deterioration with chiropractic adjustments, making sure all the parts stay aligned and functioning properly.
Pain relief is a major concern for everyone, but as we get older, it seems to become an even greater concern. We all know that pain medications are just that, designed to eliminate pain. If there were a way you could get the pain relief without the side effects, you would want to know about it, right? That’s where modern chiropractic can make a big difference…..no side effects!
- Keep your body moving every day, even if it’s just walking at the mall, up and down stairs at work or taking a stroll around the block. Exercise is key to living a long and healthy life.
- Hydration is important for cellular functioning, so drink liquids regularly during the day.
- The nutrients in plant-based foods are essential for health and wellness. Eat plenty of vegetables and low-sugar fruits every day.
- Incorporate a diet that is rich in fiber, which can help slow the aging process.
- Don’t underestimate the fun factor. Take time to have fun with your friends and loved ones. Studies show that social support and positive experiences are beneficial to health.
- Rest is necessary for your body to run optimally. When you are tired take a break.
Aging doesn’t have to mean living with aches and pains. Chiropractic is safe and effective, and unless you have experienced it for yourself, you may never know how. Whether you are already feeling the effects of aging, or you want to take preventive measures for the years to come, wouldn’t NOW be a good time to make a difference?
Chiropractic works, it gets results
and that's what counts!
and that's what counts!
Galen G. Graham D.C., P.C.
1935 E. Bijou St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80909